Many people and firms claim to know how to do SEO (search engine optimization). There are many SEO services to select from. How do you know what to look for in a good SEO consultant / service? Listed below are tips.
1. With the high competition of SEO professionals fighting to your business, some will offer fixed pricing or low pricing. A reputable SEO company will not provide you with any upfront promises or pricing. All companies needs and goals are different from another. An SEO professional should take the time to get to know all aspects of your business and your advertising goals and assist you to come up with a cost for the service.
2. Ensure your SEO company is not being outsourced to a 3rd party. What I mean by this is that, when you are looking for professionals, confirm that they may be completing the work themselves and never with a sub-contraced company they hire. Your relationship has to be directly with the company or person you hire to complete your marketing and advertising. A lot of miscommunication will break down your marketing strategy efforts. There are certain circumstances where it could be appropriate for an SEO company to outsource a portion of the work. An example would be website design. If an agency is hiring someone to do the graphics and set-up only, then that’s acceptable as long as the SEO services are doing the content and optimization of one’s site. Professional SEO companies with have very tight partnerships with website design professionals.
3. Make sure that they can rank difficult keywords. Ask about their strategy to get your keywords ranked. A great test is to check if their own company is on the front page of Google. There are several circumstances where this might not apply. For instance, if someone has been doing SEO for a very long time and decides to start a new company, normally it takes a few months to rank their very own site to the top with the search engines (just as it will for yours).
4. Look out for anyone who promises to have your business at the top of the search engines inside a designated time. There’s no prediction nor is there some kind of formula that can be completed to know exactly how long it will require to rank websites. If a person is getting you to the top within a few weeks, chances are they are not doing ethical practices as well as only hurt you in the long run. Google will catch up to SEO’s who are using unethical practices plus you site will be penalized that can put you at the bottom with the rankings. It normally takes around 3-4 months to get sites ranked on the internet. There may be some instances that you will get to the top sooner and some that you may get there later. It depends on how competitive keywords are.
5. Be sure that SEO is the persons full-time profession. You do not need your SEO advertiser to be putting your campaign on the side because they have other items to tend to. You also need to be sure that they know what they are doing and are not just achieving this as something extra to earn money. Also watch out for those who think they are SEO professionals since they work in a computer field. Although I’ve got a degree in Computer Information Systems, it did not make me a search engine professional. I learned everything I am aware outside of college via a team of experts.